Projects / Exhibitions / Residencies (a selection)
Now / Coming up:
– Launch of Warehouse, A Place For Clothes In Context. 23 Feb
– Press & Fold + Garment Grammar magazine-making workshop at MA Fashion Strategy in collaboration with Corine van der Wal.
– Press & Fold, notes on making and doing fashion. A magazine by Hanka van der Voet. A column
– Fashioning Value – Undressing Ornament (2015), reprint designed by Hans Gremmen. Published by Onomatopee
– ArtsIceland, a research residency. Ísafjörður, Iceland
– De Best Verzorgde Boeken, Dictionary Dressings selected by studentjury
– The Sointula Art Shed, research residency. Sointula, Canada, BC
– KONT magazine, Dictionary Dressings featured. NL
– Gerrit Rietveld Academie, TXT (Textile) department. Committee member graduation presentations. Amsterdam, NL
– Garment Magazine (by AMFI students), ‘A Coat That Fits Like A Glove’, a text on tights
– MetropolisM, bookreview Dictionary Dressings
– Harvard Design Magazine ‘Carry, Conceal, Hide, Suggest, Cover’ a text on The Purpose of Pockets in collaboration with Joke Robaard
– Everything And Everybody As Material: beyond fashion design methods, Fashion Conference. A reading on fashion publication in collaboration with Laura Gardner, Hanka van der Voet and Dolci&Kabana (Ricarda Bigolin and Nella Themelios). Borås, SE
– NP3, Dictionary Dressings exhibition with works by BLESS, Elisa van Joolen, Conny Groenewegen, Ruby Hoette and Sanne van den Elzen. Groningen, NL
– KC Grad, Dictionary Dressings guestlecture in collaboration with Conny Groenewegen. Begrado, RS
– AMFI, guestlecture about Dictionary Dressings. Amsterdam, NL
– NP3, Dictionary Dressings talk by Joke Robaard. Groningen, NL
– NP3 / Minerva Art Academy, Dictionary Dressings Workshop. Groningen, NL
– University of Hertfordshire, talk about Dictionary Dressings. Hertfordshire, GB
– Onomatopee, Dictionary Dressings exhibition with works by BLESS, Elisa van Joolen, Conny Groenewegen and Ruby Hoette. Eindhoven, NL
– HKU (University of the Arts Utrecht), Dictionary Dressings Workshop 03. Utrecht, NL
– ArtEZ Fashion Masters, guest lecture and Workshop 02. December 7. Arnhem, NL
– Onomatopee, launch of the Dictionary Dressings publication – talk by Joke Robaard. Eindhoven, NL
– Wad&Design Festival, workshop Mapping Change. Schiermonnikoog, NL
– The Sointula Art Shed, research residency. Sointula, Canada, BC
– Jewellery Perspectives, A research project of Evelien Bracke and Irma Földényi. Advisor. NL
– Hordaland Kunstsenter, audio work for An Archipelago Mixtape. Bergen, NO
– Mondriaan Fund and Flanders Arts Institute: Fashioning Value – Undressing Ornament selected for Offprint London.
– Waag Soiety, expert at round table workshop/masterclass: recrafting craft. Amsterdam, NL
– HKU (University of the Arts Utrecht), Workshop 01. December. Utrecht, NL
– Posture Magazine, publication of Clothes are Souvenirs, an excerpt of Fashioning Value – Undressing Ornament. New York, USA
– Form Magazine, Fashioning Value – Undressing Ornament featured. DE
– Droog, The Price of Fashion, Shifting the worth of clothing from “brand-value” to “use-value”. A debate with panelmembers: Milou van Rossum, Willa Stoutenbeek, José Teunissen and Femke de Vries. Moderated by fashion journalist Aynouk Tan. Amsterdam, NL
– Stimuleringsfonds Creatieve Industrie, talk on Fashioning Value – Undressing Ornament. Rotterdam, NL
– Onomatopee, booklaunch of Fashioning Value – Undressing Ornament – talk with Ruby Hoette. Eindhoven, NL
– Galerie Block C, a talk on Fashioning Value – Undressing Ornament with Sue – an van der Zijpp. Groningen, NL
– Onomatopee project – space publication of Fashioning Value – Undressing Ornament. Eindhoven, NL
– Clothes are Souvenirs, an excerpt of Fashioning Value – Undressing Ornament published in the KABK textile and fashion department graduation magazine. Den Haag, NL
– Gastatelier Leo XIII (residency), a publication about recent residents.
– Here, There, Everywhere, a publication about design projects by Drooglab part of Droog design. Including Droog Al Arab in which I participated.
– Walnut Mixstore, work on show. Groningen, NL
– Design Triënnale / Daniela Dossi / Irma Földényi (conflict and design), design of a ‘work outfit’ for Post Ford Probes – Soup Station, a project by Daniela Dossi and Irma Földényi. Genk, BE www.conflictanddesign.be
– Salon/Bj, Beijing Design Week, a project called Patchwork Spaces. Beijing, China
– Kunstpaviljoen Roden, a customize workshop. Roden, NL
– WinterSALON/, an xhibition at Magazijn. Amsterdam, NL
– Object Rotterdam, a group exhibition. Rotterdam, NL
– Salon/Istanbul, a group exhibition. Istanbul, TR
– You Are Here concept store, work featured. Eindhoven, NL
– Elle Inside Design, work featured. Amsterdam, NL
– LeoXIII Gastatelier, research residency. Tilburg, NL
– Micro Utopias, a project by Daniela Dossi, design of an apron. Utrecht, NL
– Next Nature, Nature Changes Along with Us, work featured in a publication by Koert van Mensvoort and Hendrik Jan Grievink. NL
– Daily Future, work featured in the Moon Life Concept Store by Alicia Framis. Rabo Kunstzone. Utrecht, NL
– Salon/, Marres, group exhibition. Maastricht, NL
– Moon Life Foundation, Alicia Framis, development of a Prêt à Porter collection for ‘outer space’. Amsterdam, NL
– Margreeth Olsthoorn, To Refer To, a solo exhibition at Margreeth Olsthoorn (MGHO) Rotterdam, NL
– Moon Life Concept Store, work featured. Amsterdam, NL
– Stroom Den Haag, One Hour On Scarves, development of a publication for the Timebank. Den Haag, NL
– Metropolis M no. 03, an article about ‘The spur of the moment’ an exhibition curated by Koen Delaere at Nest. Den Haag, NL
– Time/Store at Stroom Den Haag, work featured. Den Haag, NL
– Nest, The Spur of the Moment, a group exhibition at Nest. Den Haag, NL
– Design Miami, A group exhibition at Nektar de Stagni. Miami, USA
– SPRMRKT, work on show. Amsterdam, NL
– Dutch Design Week, curation of exhibition ‘Anoniem Design’ Eindhoven, NL
– Parool, PS stijl, Unstated Statements 02 featured. Amsterdam, NL
– Kunstraum Innsbruck, Ulli und Stefans lustige wanderausstellung – Kunstler freizeit Berliner Hutte. An exhibition. Innsbruck, AT.
– Arnhem Mode Biennale 2009, ArtEZ+ a group exhibition. Arnhem, NL
– Weltraum, Das Herr Winkelhuber Stipendium, An exhibition. Munchen, DE
– DAMn no.20 Publication.
– Guantanamomuseum, Participation in a project by Alicia Framis. Istituto Europeo di Design Madrid. Madrid, ES
– CBK Dordrecht, Anoniem Design, development of an exhibition in collaboration with Ann Maes. Dordrecht, NL
– Ein Magazin uber orte 4, publication.
Teaching / Other
ArtEZ Fashion Masters, Fashion Strategy
Tutor graduation theses and lecturer Fashion Theory in collaboration with Hanka van der Voet and Maaike Feitsma.
Arnhem, Feb 2016 –
HKU, University of the Arts Utrecht, Fashion
Tutor graduation research projects and teacher Cultural Studies.
HKU Lectorate: Part of the researchgroup ‘Research in Creative Practices’.
Utrecht, Nov 2015 –
Willem de Kooning Academy
Various: Teacher / tutor practice based research/ artistic research and final thesis for Lifestyle & Design. Tutor graduation research projects for New Frontiers and Branding.
Rotterdam, Sept 2011 – July 2017
An education in fashion and interior design. Teacher / tutor design, technique and textiles.
Groningen, Oct 2005 –
AMFI, Amsterdam Fashion Institute
Tutor graduation research papers Fashion Design. Teacher research 1st year students.
Amsterdam, Feb 2015 – Feb 2016
KABK, Royal Academy of Art
Course: Textile & Fashion. Lecturer / tutor Fashion Philosophy.
Den Haag, Jan – May 2015.
Noordelijke Hogeschool Leeuwarden
Course: Docent Beeldende Kunst & Vormgeving. Guest lecturere and Guesttutor graduation projects.
Leeuwarden, June 6 Nov 14 & 28 2014, Oct 1 2015.
ArtEZ Fashion Masters
Tutor – assistent of a series of lessons ‘Designer branding’ for Fashion Design. Assistant course coordinator and project manager at Fashion, Design & Strategy.
Arnhem, Aug 2008 – July 2009.