Projects / Exhibitions / Residencies (a selection)
Now / Coming up:
– NP3, Dictionary Dressings exhibition with works by BLESS, Elisa van Joolen, Conny Groenewegen, Ruby Hoette and Sanne van den Elzen. Groningen, NL
– KC Grad, Dictionary Dressings guestlecture in collaboration with Conny Groenewegen. Begrado, SE
– AMFI, guestlecture about Dictionary Dressings. Amsterdam, NL
– NP3, Dictionary Dressings talk by Joke Robaard. Groningen, NL
– NP3 / Minerva Art Academy, Dictionary Dressings Workshop. Groningen, NL
– University of Hertfordshire, talk about Dictionary Dressings. Hertfordshire, GB
– Onomatopee, Dictionary Dressings exhibition with works by BLESS, Elisa van Joolen, Conny Groenewegen and Ruby Hoette. Eindhoven, NL
– Onomatopee, launch of the Dictionary Dressings publication – talk by Joke Robaard. Eindhoven, NL
– Wad&Design Festival, workshop Mapping Change. Schiermonnikoog, NL
– The Sointula Art Shed, research residency. Sointula, Canada BC
– Hordaland Kunstsenter, audio work for An Archipelago Mixtape. Bergen, NO
– Mondriaan Fund and Flanders Arts Institute: Fashioning Value – Undressing Ornament selected for Offprint London.
– Waag Soiety, expert at round table workshop/masterclass: recrafting craft. Amsterdam, NL
– Posture Magazine, publication of Clothes are Souvenirs, an excerpt of Fashioning Value – Undressing Ornament. New York, USA
– Form Magazine, Fashioning Value – Undressing Ornament featured. DE
– Droog, The Price of Fashion, Shifting the worth of clothing from “brand-value” to “use-value”. A debate with panelmembers: Milou van Rossum, Willa Stoutenbeek, José Teunissen and Femke de Vries. Moderated by fashion journalist Aynouk Tan. Amsterdam, NL
– Stimuleringsfonds Creatieve Industrie, talk on Fashioning Value – Undressing Ornament. Rotterdam, NL
– Onomatopee, booklaunch of Fashioning Value – Undressing Ornament – talk with Ruby Hoette. Eindhoven, NL
– Galerie Block C, a talk on Fashioning Value – Undressing Ornament with Sue – an van der Zijpp. Groningen, NL
– Onomatopee project – space publication of Fashioning Value – Undressing Ornament. Eindhoven, NL
– Clothes are Souvenirs, an excerpt of Fashioning Value – Undressing Ornament published in the KABK textile and fashion department graduation magazine. Den Haag, NL
– Gastatelier Leo XIII (residency), a publication about recent residents.
– Here, There, Everywhere, a publication about design projects by Drooglab part of Droog design. Including Droog Al Arab in which I participated.
– Walnut Mixstore, Kiosk on show. Groningen, NL
– Design Triënnale / Daniela Dossi / Irma Földényi (conflict and design), design of a ‘work outfit’ for Post Ford Probes – Soup Station, a project by Daniela Dossi and Irma Földényi. Genk, BE www.conflictanddesign.be
– Salon/Bj, Beijing Design Week, a project called Patchwork Spaces. Beijing, China
– Kunstpaviljoen Roden, a customize workshop. Roden, NL
– WinterSALON/, an xhibition at Magazijn. Amsterdam, NL
– Object Rotterdam, a group exhibition. Rotterdam, NL
– Salon/Istanbul, a group exhibition. Istanbul, TR
– You Are Here concept store, work featured. Eindhoven, NL
– Elle Inside Design, work featured. Amsterdam, NL
– LeoXIII Gastatelier, research residency. Tilburg, NL
– Micro Utopias, a project by Daniela Dossi, design of an apron. Utrecht, NL
– Next Nature, Nature Changes Along with Us, work featured in a publication by Koert van Mensvoort and Hendrik Jan Grievink. NL
– Daily Future, work featured in the Moon Life Concept Store by Alicia Framis. Rabo Kunstzone. Utrecht, NL
– Salon/, Marres, group exhibition. Maastricht, NL
– Moon Life Foundation, Alicia Framis, development of a Prêt à Porter collection for ‘outer space’. Amsterdam, NL
– Margreeth Olsthoorn, To Refer To, a solo exhibition at Margreeth Olsthoorn (MGHO) Rotterdam, NL
– Moon Life Concept Store, work featured. Amsterdam, NL
– Stroom Den Haag, One Hour On Scarves, development of a publication for the Timebank. Den Haag, NL
– Metropolis M no. 03, an article about ‘The spur of the moment’ an exhibition curated by Koen Delaere at Nest. Den Haag, NL
– Time/Store at Stroom Den Haag, work featured. Den Haag, NL
– Nest, The Spur of the Moment, a group exhibition at Nest. Den Haag, NL
– Design Miami, A group exhibition at Nektar de Stagni. Miami, USA
– SPRMRKT, work on show. Amsterdam, NL
– Dutch Design Week, curation of exhibition ‘Anoniem Design’ Eindhoven, NL
– Parool, PS stijl, Unstated Statements 02 featured. Amsterdam, NL
– Kunstraum Innsbruck, Ulli und Stefans lustige wanderausstellung – Kunstler freizeit Berliner Hutte. An exhibition. Innsbruck, AT.
– Arnhem Mode Biennale 2009, ArtEZ+ a group exhibition. Arnhem, NL
– Weltraum, Das Herr Winkelhuber Stipendium, An exhibition. Munchen, DE
– DAMn no.20 Publication.
– Guantanamomuseum, Participation in a project by Alicia Framis. Istituto Europeo di Design Madrid. Madrid, ES
– CBK Dordrecht, Anoniem Design Development of an exhibition in collaboration with Ann Maes. Dordrecht, NL
– Ein Magazin uber orte 4, publication.
Teaching / Other
ArtEZ Fashion Masters, Fashion Strategy
Tutor ‘ Fashion Concepts’ for 1st year students in collaboration with Hanka van der Voet and Maaike Feitsma. Guestutor and guestlecturer for 1st and 2nd year students (design and strategy).
Arnhem, Feb 2016 –
HKU, University of the Arts Utrecht
Tutor graduation research projects Fashion. Teacher Cultural Studies 1st and 2nd year. Part of a researchgroup on research in design.
Utrecht, Nov 2015 –
Willem de Kooning Academy
Various: Teacher / tutor practice based research/ artistic research and final thesis for Lifestyle & Design. Tutor graduation research projects for New Frontiers and Branding.
Rotterdam, Sept 2011 –
An education in fashion and interior design. Teacher / tutor design, technique and textiles.
Groningen, Oct 2005 –
AMFI, Amsterdam Fashion Institute
Tutor graduation research papers Fashion Design. Teacher research 1st year students.
Amsterdam, Feb 2015 – Feb 2016
KABK, Royal Academy of Art
Course: Textile & Fashion. Lecturer / tutor Fashion Philosophy.
Den Haag, Jan – May 2015.
Noordelijke Hogeschool Leeuwarden
Course: Docent Beeldende Kunst & Vormgeving. Guest lecturere and Guesttutor graduation projects.
Leeuwarden, June 6 Nov 14 & 28 2014, Oct 1 2015.
ArtEZ Fashion Masters
Tutor – assistent of a series of lessons ‘Designer branding’ for Fashion Design. Assistant course coordinator and project manager at Fashion, Design & Strategy.
Arnhem, Aug 2008 – July 2009.