Projects / Exhibitions / Residencies (a selection)
Now / Coming up:
– Resident at the Jan van Eyck Academy
– Garment Grammar, a research project exploring the role of text as an actor in disembodiment, alienation and mystification in fashion.
– Vestoj, On Capital, Issue Nine. Self – Help – Shirts, A Lexicon For An Economy Of Emotions. A text.
– Matto Magazine, issue three. Clothes Are Souvenirs. A text. FR
– Metropolis M Oct/Nov. Dual Fusion. A text. NL
– D&K Lookbook 2019 by Ricarda Bigolin. Poloshirts Should Be Avoided At All Costs and How To Wear Trackpants Unironically. Two texts. AUS
– Press & Fold, notes on making and doing fashion. A magazine by Hanka van der Voet. To Be Honest With You, Recklessness Is A Luxury To Someone Like Me. A column. NL
– A MagazineReader 03 workshop and launch with Zuzana Kostelanská at Onomatopee. NL
– MacGuffin magazine, no 7: The Trousers. (…) To Whom The Name Levi Strauss Meant Nothing But Jeans (…). A text. NL
– A Magazine Reader 02, launch with MA Fashion Strategy ArtEZ. NL
– Talk at the NGV Melbourne Art Book Fair symposium. AUS
– A Magazine Reader workshop 02 in collaboration with MA Fashion Strategy ArtEZ. Together with Chet Bugter and Ruby Hoette. NL
– Talk about Warehouse and Garment Grammar at Printing Plant, Looijersgracht 60. NL
– Portal Theory, a theoretical exploration of the value of clothes through four stages. For Portal by Elisa van Joolen at Gerrit Rietveld Academy TXT. NL
– Launch of A Magazine Reader 01 (V*GUE). In collaboration with MA Fashion Strategy ArtEZ at Walter Books. NL
– Fashion Colloquium; Searching For The New Luxury at State Of Fashion. Talk on A Magazine Reader. NL
– Launch of Warehouse, A Place For Clothes In Context. 23 Feb. NL
– A Magazine Reader workshop 01 in collaboration with MA Fashion Strategy ArtEZ. NL
– Press & Fold, Notes On Making And Doing Fashion. A magazine by Hanka van der Voet. Street Fashion, Self – Defense, Fearless. A column. NL
– Fashioning Value – Undressing Ornament (2015), reprint designed by Hans Gremmen. Published by Onomatopee NL
– ArtsIceland, a research residency. Ísafjörður, Iceland
– De Best Verzorgde Boeken, Dictionary Dressings selected by studentjury
– The Sointula Art Shed, research residency. Sointula, Canada, BC
– KONT magazine, Dictionary Dressings featured. NL
– Gerrit Rietveld Academie, TXT (Textile) department. Committee member graduation presentations. Amsterdam, NL
– Garment Magazine, by AMFI students. A Coat That Fits Like A Glove. A Text.
– MetropolisM, bookreview Dictionary Dressings. NL
– Harvard Design Magazine. Carry, Conceal, Hide, Suggest, Cover a text on The Purpose of Pockets in collaboration with Joke Robaard. US
– Everything And Everybody As Material: beyond fashion design methods, Fashion Conference. A reading on fashion publication in collaboration with Laura Gardner, Hanka van der Voet and Dolci&Kabana (Ricarda Bigolin and Nella Themelios). Borås, SE
– NP3, Dictionary Dressings exhibition with works by BLESS, Elisa van Joolen, Conny Groenewegen, Ruby Hoette and Sanne van den Elzen. Talk by Joke Robaard. Groningen, NL
– KC Grad, Dictionary Dressings guestlecture in collaboration with Conny Groenewegen. Begrade, RS
– AMFI, guestlecture about Dictionary Dressings. Amsterdam, NL
– NP3 / Minerva Art Academy, Dictionary Dressings Workshop. Groningen, NL
– University of Hertfordshire, talk about Dictionary Dressings. Hertfordshire, GB
– Onomatopee, Dictionary Dressings exhibition with works by BLESS, Elisa van Joolen, Conny Groenewegen and Ruby Hoette. Eindhoven, NL
– HKU (University of the Arts Utrecht), Dictionary Dressings Workshop 03. Utrecht, NL
– ArtEZ Fashion Masters, guest lecture and Dictionary Dressings workshop 02. December 7. Arnhem, NL
– Onomatopee, launch of the Dictionary Dressings publication – talk by Joke Robaard. Eindhoven, NL
– Wad&Design Festival, workshop Mapping Change. Schiermonnikoog, NL
– The Sointula Art Shed, research residency. Sointula, Canada, BC
– Jewellery Perspectives, A research project of Evelien Bracke and Irma Földényi. Advisor. NL
– Hordaland Kunstsenter, audio work for An Archipelago Mixtape. Bergen, NO
– Mondriaan Fund and Flanders Arts Institute: Fashioning Value – Undressing Ornament selected for Offprint London.
– HKU (University of the Arts Utrecht), Dictionary Dressings workshop. December. Utrecht, NL
– Posture Magazine, Clothes are Souvenirs, an excerpt of Fashioning Value – Undressing Ornament. A text. New York, USA
– Form Magazine, Fashioning Value – Undressing Ornament featured. DE
– Droog, The Price of Fashion, Shifting the worth of clothing from “brand-value” to “use-value”. A debate. Amsterdam, NL
– Stimuleringsfonds Creatieve Industrie, talk on Fashioning Value – Undressing Ornament. Rotterdam, NL
– Onomatopee, booklaunch of Fashioning Value – Undressing Ornament – talk with Ruby Hoette. Eindhoven, NL
– Galerie Block C, a talk on Fashioning Value – Undressing Ornament with Sue – an van der Zijpp. Groningen, NL
– Onomatopee project – space publication of Fashioning Value – Undressing Ornament. Eindhoven, NL
– Clothes are Souvenirs, an excerpt of Fashioning Value – Undressing Ornament published in the KABK textile and fashion department graduation magazine. Den Haag, NL
– Gastatelier Leo XIII (residency), a publication about recent residents.
– Design Triënnale / Daniela Dossi / Irma Földényi (conflict and design), design of a ‘work outfit’ for Post Ford Probes – Soup Station, a project by Daniela Dossi and Irma Földényi. Genk, BE www.conflictanddesign.be
– Salon/Bj, Beijing Design Week, a project called Patchwork Spaces. Beijing, China
– Kunstpaviljoen Roden, a workshop. Roden, NL
– WinterSALON/, an exhibition at Magazijn. Amsterdam, NL
– Object Rotterdam, a group exhibition. Rotterdam, NL
– Salon/Istanbul, a group exhibition. Istanbul, TR
– LeoXIII Gastatelier, research residency. Tilburg, NL
– Micro Utopias, a project by Daniela Dossi, design of an apron. Utrecht, NL
– Next Nature, Nature Changes Along with Us, by Koert van Mensvoort and Hendrik Jan Grievink. work featured. NL
– Daily Future, Moon Life Concept Store by Alicia Framis. Work featured. Rabo Kunstzone. Utrecht, NL
– Salon/, Marres, group exhibition. Maastricht, NL
– Moon Life Foundation, Alicia Framis, development of a collection for ‘outer space’. Amsterdam, NL
– Margreeth Olsthoorn, To Refer To, exhibition at Margreeth Olsthoorn (MGHO) Rotterdam, NL
– Moon Life Concept Store, work featured. Amsterdam, NL
– Stroom Den Haag, One Hour On Scarves, a publication for the Timebank. Den Haag, NL
– Metropolis M no. 03, an article about ‘The spur of the moment’ an exhibition curated by Koen Delaere at Nest. Work featured. Den Haag, NL
– Time/Store at Stroom Den Haag, work featured. Den Haag, NL
– Nest, The Spur of the Moment, a group exhibition at Nest. Work featured. Den Haag, NL
– Droog, Participation in a project called Droog Al Arab (part of the ‘Droog Lab’). Amsterdam, NL
– The non obvious bar by Whatspace, An exhibition. Work featured. London, GB
– VIEW2 Magazine, work featured.
– Design Miami, A group exhibition at Nektar de Stagni. Work on show. Miami, USA
– SPRMRKT, work on show. Amsterdam, NL
– Dutch Design Week, exhibition ‘Anoniem Design’ Eindhoven, NL
– Parool, PS stijl, Unstated Statements 02 featured. Amsterdam, NL
– Kunstraum Innsbruck, Ulli und Stefans lustige wanderausstellung – Kunstler freizeit Berliner Hutte. An exhibition. Innsbruck, AT.
– Arnhem Mode Biennale 2009, ArtEZ+ a group exhibition. Arnhem, NL
– Weltraum, Das Herr Winkelhuber Stipendium, An exhibition. Munchen, DE
– DAMn no.20 Publication. Work featured.
– Guantanamomuseum, Participation in a project by Alicia Framis. Istituto Europeo di Design Madrid. Madrid, ES
– CBK Dordrecht, Anoniem Design, development of an exhibition in collaboration with Ann Maes. Dordrecht, NL
– Ein Magazin uber orte 4, publication. Work Featured.
Teaching / Other
Co-founder of Warehouse, a place for clothes in context in Amsterdam. Together with Hanka van der Voet and Elisa van Joolen.
ArtEZ Fashion Masters, Fashion Strategy
Lecturer in research and graduation theses. Member of the educational board.
Arnhem, Feb 2016 –
Gerrit Rietveld Academy TXT.
Portal Theory, a theoretical exploration of the value of clothes through four stages. A theoretical component for Portal by Elisa van Joolen.
Amsterdam, Sept – Dec 2018
HKU, University of the Arts Utrecht, Fashion
Tutor graduation research projects and teacher Cultural Studies.
HKU Lectorate: Part of the researchgroup ‘Research in Creative Practices’.
Utrecht, Nov 2015 – August 2019
Willem de Kooning Academy
Various: Teacher / tutor practice based research/ artistic research and final thesis for Lifestyle & Design. Tutor graduation research projects for New Frontiers and Branding.
Rotterdam, Sept 2011 – July 2017
AMFI, Amsterdam Fashion Institute
Tutor graduation research papers Fashion Design. Teacher research 1st year students.
Amsterdam, Feb 2015 – Feb 2016
KABK, Royal Academy of Art
Course: Textile & Fashion. Lecturer / tutor Fashion Philosophy.
Den Haag, Jan – May 2015
Noordelijke Hogeschool Leeuwarden
Guest lecturer and guesttutor for the Docent Beeldende Kunst & Vormgeving program and graduation projects.
Leeuwarden, June 6 Nov 14 & 28 2014, Oct 1 2015
ArtEZ Fashion Masters
Assistant course coordinator and project manager at Fashion, Design & Strategy.
Arnhem, Aug 2008 – July 2009